Sunday, August 16, 2009

Week 10 - Last week :(

This week.. and sadly the last week.. we were wrapping up the course material. We did a review of the material covered after the second test, in addition to new stuff about manipulators (endl, setw) and other adapters (ptr_fun, mem_fun_ref). We looked into how ostream's operator << is overloaded to account for functions as well. The ptr_fun helps in converting a function into a function object, and similarly mem_fun_ref converts an object's method into a method object. These are helpful where functions like bind2nd are used, as they require a function object as their argument.

It is strange, and I am quite surprised that I would feel nostalgic by the end of this summer session. I guess, it's partly because I am about to leave Austin, and about to start upon a new venture in an entirely different world. Initially, it seemed as if the summer session was to remain forever, and now it appears as if it got finished the moment it started.

By the end of this course, I can definitely say that this course has increased my aptitude for programming, and expanded my understanding of the C++.

1 comment:

  1. certainly a difficult job to consistently post every week and 10 weeks is quite a big job done! but can v hav more of joyu...its been so long!

    ReplyDelete